Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Prayer for Ryan

This from a dear friend on facebook yesterday...
Prayer Request: for my student Ryan who has major issues at home which, I believe, are at least partially responsible for his behavior at school. It hurts my heart to see a child with eyes that are just . . . dead . . . and frightens me a bit too. I believe in the power of prayer so ask for yours
I met with that friend yesterday after work, and during our conversation she spoke of Ryan. This young man - well CHILD, actually - has had more than his share of pain in his life. I'm not sure why his story touched me so much...perhaps because he's not much older than the Boy...but I couldn't stop thinking about him. So I'm asking all who are inclined to pray for Ryan - that he gets the guidance he needs, the help he needs, and the love he deserves. It not only hurts my heart, but it makes me angry that there are so many children out there who are in so much pain. These are innocents - yet the actions and inactions of the adults in their lives have had dire consequences. I'm praying that it's not too late for Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment