Friday, June 3, 2011

The War on Christianity

Warning: I am in a FOUL mood today, and this just kinda set me off.
A federal judge has ordered a Texas school district to prohibit public prayer at a high school graduation ceremony.

Chief U.S. District Judge Fred Biery’s order against the Medina Valley Independent School District also forbids students from using specific religious words including “prayer” and “amen.”

The ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by Christa and Danny Schultz. Their son is among those scheduled to participate in Saturday’s graduation ceremony. The judge declared that the Schultz family and their son would “suffer irreparable harm” if anyone prayed at the ceremony.
Excuse me?? Irreparable harm? Are you f*cking KIDDING me? What kind of "irreparable" harm can a simple prayer cause? And this from a JUDGE???
“It’s just a big surprise that one kid can come in and change what’s been a tradition since Medina Valley started,” student Abigail Russell told KABB-TV.

Fellow student Alicia Jade Geurin agreed.

“At graduation, I would love to be able to speak from my heart,” she told the TV station. “But in this situation I feel my freedom of speech and my First Amendment is being infringed upon if I can’t say what I feel.”
Ya know - I agree with Ms. Russell. Why is it that in so many cases like this, one kid and/or one parent can take away traditions that have been around for years?? It is utterly absurd that the desires of ONE person can ruin things for so many!! What about the rights of those who wish to pray?? Why is their free speech being trampled on?

We are on a clear path in this country to wipe away any and all forms of Christianity. Christmas trees have been replaced with holiday trees. And if you want to pray, better watch where you do it...it might be against the law. I am SICK and TIRED of having the principles and beliefs that formed this great country being hacked away, bit by bit. We are becoming an amoral society...one which condones all manner of bad behavior and punishes those who are trying to be good, God-fearing Christians.

And some wonder why this country is going to hell in a handbasket? Just look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment