Friday, December 18, 2009

A HUGE Thank you

Okay, you may or may not have noticed my relative absence lately. I've been just a tad bit busy. Doing what, you ask?? Well, I'll tell you! I mentioned in this post that I was helping organize an event called Bloody Brunch. You can read much more about Bloody Brunch here. Well my friends - the event was on Sunday, and it was a HUGE success!!! We raised well over $1,000 to be split between the Blood Centers of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes Hemophelia Foundation, and collected five HUGE boxes of toys for Toys for Tots.

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our volunteers. We had soooo many people who selflessly gave their Sunday afternoon to help make this happen.



Here's our Toys for Tots Marine and our volunteer Santa Claus!!

I also want to give kudos to Stack'd Burger Bar. The manager and staff did an absolutely outstanding job. They diligently worked with us prior to the event, and I couldn't have asked for a better staff to handle the 150 or so people that showed up on the day of the event.


You guys did an EXCELLENT job!!
I'd also like to express my appreciation for all of the local business who donated items for our silent auction and/or swag bags. It was your donations that made this whole thing happen!! Check out the swag bags!!

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank everyone who came out to support our event. In these economic times, I can't tell you how much it means that y'all were so generous in your donations. I think just about everyone who walked through the doors brought at LEAST one toy...many brought more than that. I was, and still am, overwhelmed by the donations we received, both monetarily and with the toys. I can't say enough about how awesome y'all are. I wish I had a chance to chat with more of you, but we were busy little elves!!!
This was a lot of hard work, some sweat and yes, even some tears in organizing this, but the result was MORE than worth it. The charities will benefit, and more importantly (in my eyes anyway), hundreds of children will have a smile on Christmas morning.
THANK YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment