Monday, January 2, 2012

Reflections

Well, 2011 has been a helluva year, eh?

If you're my facebook friend (and if not, why not??), y'all already know that I'm starting 2012 in a new location...professionally speaking, that is. My law firm spent the last week of 2011 moving our offices to temporary quarters until our new building is completed, which we HOPE will be around June. I'm digging the idea of starting a new year in a new place.

Soooo, 2011. As many of you know, the year didn't start so well. I missed the infamous Groundhog Day Blizzard because I was up in Green Bay watching my father in law fight for his life. Thanks to the incredible support and the outpouring of prayers from y'all, he has completely recovered. He's even gone back to working out at the health club...something I should probably think about. Or not.

In 2011 I was also blessed with many new friendships. Some of these people have become a part of my every day life and for that I am grateful. I've also reconnected with some people from my past and they too have become an incredibly important part of my life. And of course, there are those friends who have been by my side for years. I thank you ALL for...well...putting up with me! ;)

The politics. Lord have mercy - I could go on for DAYS about Wisconsin politics in 2011. February saw Wisconsin thrown into the national spotlight when 14 senate democrats decided to act like a bunch of children who get angry because they don't like the rules, so they ran away from home. I was honestly waiting for them to hold their collective breaths until they turned blue...oh wait...they're about as blue as they can possibly get, aren't they? Contemporaneous to that was the sick outs. Teachers all over the state decided that because they didn't like the idea of joining the real world by having to contribute a bit more (but much less than those of us in the private sector) to their medical insurance and pensions, they would just walk off the job. This resulted in schools shutting down and parents having to scramble to find alternate care for the children who these teachers are SUPPOSED to care about. We also had thousands of former hippies, wannabes and union thugs destroying our capital...and many of them couldn't even explain why they were there. And that was only the BEGINNING of the year. All of this culminated in the perpetual recalls which continue to this day...as does the bill to the taxpayers.

With the presidential election coming up in 2012 along with the effort to recall Governor Walker, it promises to be a very interesting year in politics. As far as personally and professionally...well, I guess that remains to be seen!

My wish for all of you is a blessed and prosperous 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Never took the time to say "Merry New Year" and " Happy Chrisbtmas" to you. So there...

    ReplyDelete