Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

Thirteen years ago today, my little miracle was born weighing in at a whopping 3 lbs., 3 oz. Since he takes after his father, I'm assuming that will be the only time he's early for ANYTHING!! You can read more about that here if you want. Suffice it to say that he is a happy, healthy, smart-a$$ed teenager. So here are a few thoughts to him.

Buddy - you know I love you. You know that because we say it to each other many times a day. I love that you still like to hang out with me. I love that you still like to give hugs. I love that you're not (yet) ashamed to say "I love you mom"...in front of your friends. I love that I was able to teach you to throw a frisbee like a pro, and you still enjoy playing with me. I love the time we spend in the kitchen cooking together (I know, I know - we'll get back into that habit).

I hope you know, or will one day realize, that when I punish you it's because I love you. I want you to understand that there are consequences to your actions and your decisions. I want you to have a good work ethic. I want you to care about others. In other words, I want you to be the best person that you are capable of being, and for right now, it's my job to instill morals and values in you. So when you get angry with me, try to remember that it's because you mean more than anything in the world to me. I only have one shot at raising you, and I'm doing my best to get it right.

I love you buddy! Happy 13th Birthday! Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment