Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Tribute

I don't normally so this kind of stuff, but when I learned that Ronnie James Dio passed away today, it was like a punch in the gut. I had no idea that he had been ill with cancer. What I do know is that he is one of my favorite vocalists of all time. Whether it be in Elf, Black Sabbath, Rainbow, or simply Dio, this little man had a HUGE voice. I have 15-20 years of memories wrapped up in his many songs. Each one holds a different memory...for instance, Holy Diver reminds me of the Pasadena mall...remember that Mel?? LOL!!! So, in tribute to one of the best vocalists ever (in my opinion), here is probably my favorite of all of his songs. Not an easy choice to make since there are so many, but here goes.



RIP Ronnie James - you WILL be missed

No comments:

Post a Comment