Thursday, September 2, 2010

WTMJ v. James T. Harris???

Interesting. I stumbled upon this the other day.

Full Disclosure: I've been hoping James T. gets a full time slot at WTMJ for quite some time. When I heard that Jonathan Green was retiring, I thought JT was a shoo-in.

Okay - back to the post. At first I brushed it off. I didn't think there was any way that the powers that be at the station would overlook James' popularity. But then I remembered how Phil Cianciola was unceremoniously dumped from the Greenhouse show. I was not a happy camper, nor were others that I know. That's about the time I started listening to Belling on my way home.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out. I must say, however, if the management at WTMJ keeps messing with the lineup and making, in my opinion, poor decisions about the talent, this listener will wipe them right off the radio presets.

UPDATE: From the comments - the author of the blog linked to above also has audio from the woman who sent the email. Listen here.

4 comments:

  1. Yep. Cianciola was a left-wing loon, and I loved listening to him. I thought he might be, if only for his personality, heir-apparent to Jonathan Green.

    It is certainly WTMJ's prerogative to pick and choose their talent, just like it is ours to pick and choose our stations...


    -jjg
    Gravelle.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://themilwaukeedrum.wordpress.com/2010/08/31/tmd-only-james-t-harris-supporter-upset-after-speaking-with-620-am-management-pt-3-audio-of-jth-supporter/

    If you found the email interesting, then listen to the audio from the person who sent us the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think JTH fits in with the more newsy, traffic, sports-type show TMJ seems to prefer during afternoon drive time. Now, if they would put JTH on from noon-2 or noon-3, I could go for that. But all-politics from 8:30-6 is a bit much, in my opinion.


    -Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to see him get a permanent gig...I think he'd be great in the time slot you mentioned!! What I don't want is to see him dissed to the point he walks away from TMJ.

    ReplyDelete