Friday, October 22, 2010

Chicago Politics in Wisconsin

We're about a week and a half away from a very important election, so I'm used to (and SICK OF) the commercials and the mailings that are pounding me from all sides. I was, however, a bit surprised when this appeared in my mailbox!
For those of you who don't know, Alexi Giannoulias is a candidate for U.S. Senate...in ILLINOIS!!!  Now, this mailer was put out by the New Prosperity Foundation.  While I tend to agree with their beliefs, they really need to be more careful about what/to whom they are sending information.

Note to New Prosperity Foundation.  I am Chris from Racine, or CFR for short.  I live in Racine Wisconsin, a fact that you apparently know because the mailer was addressed to me.  In WISCONSIN.  Now, I know that it's a pretty common practice in Illinois (and Wisconsin for that matter) to vote early and vote often.  However, do you make it a regular practice to solicit votes from neighboring states???  If you're sending out a mailing attacking your opponent, you might - just might - want to consider the fact that sending these to residents of a state other than the state in which your candidate is running doesn't reflect well on that candidate.

BTW, the back cover of this mailing kinda says it all.

3 comments:

  1. What? Racine isn't part of Illinois? When did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it seceded into IL and I didn't hear about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Illinois voters show up in Racine every election, so they figured you'd be voting for Illinois governor.

    ReplyDelete