Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bears/Packers Playoff Challenge

As you've probably heard by now, there's a kinda big football game happening this weekend. ;)

Now, I'm not going to bet on the game - in my screwy little brain that creates bad karma. But my friend Wendy has a great idea.
MADISON - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn have made an unusual bet over Sunday’s NFC Championship Game between the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears.

Walker’s office said the governor of the losing team’s state would volunteer at a food pantry in the winning team’s state, wearing a T-shirt featuring the winning team.

How about we go one step further? I’m going to donate 1 food item to an area food pantry for every point the Packers score. I challenge you to do the same. I bet Packer fans can donate more than Bears fans, what do you think?
I have committed to donating a food item for each point the Bears score.

No matter who wins the game, the real winners will be the food pantries who are in desperate need of food these days. So c'mon - ya with me?

5 comments:

  1. I am with you! GO BEARS I have a pantry of cans to donate. Lori Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Bears!!! That is a GREAT idea! Count me in:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Door-County-Traders-on-Third/171600702867059January 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM

    AWESOME Idea! I will have to donate to both...since I live in Door County and I'm a BEARS FAN!!!! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoever wins on Sunday, both teams can be proud! I will match your plan! Susan Kramer

    ReplyDelete