Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank You Charlie Sykes

As many of you know by now, Charlie Sykes let it slip that Milwaukee's own James T. Harris is leaving the great state of Wisconsin and heading to Tucson, Arizona. What y'all don't know is that he inadvertently screwed up several months of planning.

See, back when there were just whispers of this happening, James contacted me and said if this goes down, I'd get the first interview. He's kept me abreast of the goings on since that time. Now obviously, we didn't want to conduct an interview before the deal was done. Once it was, we set a date to sit down together next week. The plan was for me to put the interview up when JAMES announced the move.

Now JTH, bless his heart, called me within minutes of that airing. The Beautiful Man told me he was going out of town, but in order to keep his promise he'd give me an interview via phone tonight if need be.

I gotta tell you, that made my day. For someone to honor their word like that is refreshing. For someone I consider a friend to prove that he is the man I thought is rewarding.

So James - here's the deal. If you want to wait until next week when we can sit down, no problem. And for the ins and outs of The Beautiful Man's move, the new show and other dirt - stay tuned for James T. - RAW.

1 comment: