Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President
By now you must realize that the American people have spoken. There has been a republican tsunami, and as I see it, you have two choices.

You can bury your head in the sand, contend we are all ignorant and frightened, and continue in your course. Or you can take the message we've sent to heart, and finally open your ears and hear what it is we're saying.

Mr. President, you were elected to represent this country and her people. You were NOT elected to kowtow to the rest of the world. You were NOT elected to solve the world's problems as you perceive them. You were NOT elected to push your agenda while telling us that it's the best thing for us and we're just too simple to realize it.

You say we're scared. You're right sir, we ARE scared. We are frightened at the direction you are taking this country. We are frightened because you care not what the people of this country are trying to tell you. Well Mr. President, I think we sent a pretty clear message in this election.

Are we ignorant? Only if you define ignorance as speaking our hearts and minds. We have tried telling you time and time again that we the people oppose much of your agenda, yet you persist on passing legislation that not only do you and your puppets insist we're too "ignorant" to understand, but that your own people haven't yet read.

Sir, we are sick and tired of those in Washington trying to tell us what is best for us. WE know what is best for us, yet you fail to listen. You have consistently denigrated us...in your eyes we're the enemy. We're to sit in the back seat. Well Mr. President, I'm not willing to sit in the back seat. If that makes me your enemy, so be it.

Mr. President, I am an American. I love my country. I want my country back. I want government to represent ME. I want government to stop trying to take my freedoms by legislating what YOU think is in my best interest. I am an American, and I have the fundamental right to decide what is best for me and for my family.

Sir, I hope this message has been made clear to you. We are NOT your enemies...we are Americans and we want our country back.

5 comments:

  1. Let him TRY to stay the course, with two-thirds of the galley now rowing in the opposite direction...


    -jjg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred from Door CountyNovember 4, 2010 at 12:00 PM

    Well said but I doubt he will change course

    ReplyDelete
  4. As many have said on another venue, "Dittoes."

    ReplyDelete