Saturday, November 6, 2010

You STILL don't understand!!

After reading this interview that Obama gave to 60 minutes, my blood pressure is once again rising.
After suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”
Mr. President, are you once again calling the electorate ignorant? Too simple to "understand?" I seriously wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse. The problem, sir, is that we DO understand. You see, WE read the bill that those in Washington failed to read. We understand, and we don't WANT it. It has nothing to do with your power of persuasion...you WILL NOT persuade us. I thought after this election the message was clear.

Mr. President, it is YOU who fails to understand.

4 comments:

  1. He will never admit the problem is in the message itself, not the ability of the messenger to convey. We know what is being done and we don't like it, but he refuses to believe. After all, who doesn't like free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't decide if he's that arrogant or that ignorant! Is he being deliberatly obtuse? I would be livid, but after the elections I can afford to be a bit gracious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go with arrogance. His idea of compromise on the extension of the tax rates is for the House GOP to meet Him at where He wants. Narcissistic, petulant little boy who wants His own way.

    As Rush dubbed Him, the Little Black Man-Child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't disagree with you. And it's not only him - it's all of 'em. Didn't reid say something about how we better not block legislation?? Dudes!! Take the message to heart - we don't WANT your agenda!!

    *shaking head in disgust*

    ReplyDelete